What would Christmas be without yummy Christmas cookies? The lovely smell of freshly baked biscuits in the house alone creates a wonderful atmosphere!
By using different cutters you can make lovely treats for the whole family - if you can resist eating them straight away, you can even use them to decorate your tree. But beware! Visitors will love them and they will be gone before you know it!
What you need:
For the cookies:
For the icing:
1. Start by mixing the butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla sugar.
2. Add the eggs to the mixture and continue stiring the mixture.
3. Now add the flower and the baking powder.
4. Knead the mixture with an electric mixer or by hand until it's a smooth dough.
5. Roll it out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 5mm.
6. Cut out as many as you can.
7. Knead the rest together again and roll the dough out again. Don't forget to lightly flour the surface again, if needed.
8. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and bake for about 10 minutes.
9. Meanwhile make the icing.
10. Mix the icing sugar with a little food colouring into a small bowl.
11. Gradually add 15ml/1 tablespoon warm water until the icing is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
12. Once they are cool enough, use a knife to cover each of them with icing. If you want, you can decorate them further with sugar sprinkles or sugar balls.
All that's left to do now is to enjoy eating them!