Cupcakes are easy and quick to make and a hit with everyone. You can adapt them for any occasion and even small children will enjoy baking them. Once they are done, make sure you eat them within 2-3 days! Not that this has ever been a problem for anyone!
What you need:
For the dough:
For the icing:
1. While you preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius, mix the sugar and the margerine together in a large bowl, using an electric mixer.
2. Add the eggs one by one and continue mixing until you have a fluffy and light mixture.
3. Add the flour and mix.
4. Add the milk or lemon juice and mix for another minute.
5. Half-fill the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes until firm and golden. Test them by sticking a skewer into them to see if they are ready.
6. While they are cooling, make the icing.
7. Mix the icing sugar and the chosen flavouring with a wooden spoon.
8. Carefully add the hot water - as a guideline: the icing should be thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon.
9. Add the food colouring and use at once.
10. Now the real fun begins: use the black writing icing to decorate with pumpkins, ghosts, cobwebs etc. once the orange icing has set.