Jewelry making might seem hard at first, but it really doesn't have to be. Have a look at our great homemade gift ideas for Mothers Day. Every mother loves jewelry and especially homemade gifts are a great give-away on Mothers Day! As always, our craft ideas for kids are easy to make and we provide you with step-by-step instructions.
30 - 45 minutes
What you need:
1. Measure your elastic band to fit your wrist, but leave a little surplus on both ends for when you sew the ends together.
2. Mark where your extra elastic band begins.
3. Then mark where the centre is - purely for the overall look!
4. Lay the elastic band on a flat surface and place the buttons on top where you want them.
5. To be safe, stitch through each button a couple of times.
6. You will want your buttons to overlap just a bit so the elastic band doesn't show in the end.
7. Sew the ends of the elastic band together.
8. If you don’t want the thread to show you can always glue some smaller buttons on top.
Isn't this a lovely idea? We got this idea from one of our readers, Kirstie, and she kindly let us use it on this page. Thank you!
Have you got an idea that you would like to share with us? You can submit ideas directly to the website by following this link or you could contact us in an e-mail (details how to at the bottom of the page). We love hearing from our readers!
If you would like to make a card for Mothers Day as well, have a look at our ideas for homemade Mothers Day cards as well!